Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Rocky Road

Welcome back (or just plain welcome if this is your first time visiting) everyone! 

Long time no see, am I right? (That was, in fact, sarcasm. Maybe I should just do a ton of posts all in one week...people won't know what to think!) 

First off, it is coming up on the one month anniversary of my arriving in Ireland--I cannot believe where the time has gone and it needs to slow down immediately! 

This also means that you (if you aren't new here) have stuck with this blog and my story for about a month as well! 

So here's to y'all, and to my one month study abroad anniversary (it's only sappy if you make it sappy)



Anyway--I've been getting a lot of fantastic, lovely support for the videos I've been putting up on here, which means that I am (of course) going to keep doing videos for y'all! 

However, I should pause for a moment as there are some people out there (hi family and friends that I haven't been skyping!) that may still be interested in what I've been up to these past few days. So, here is my review: 

  • Class (not as in "that is so class," I mean going to my lectures, because I still have to do that...) 
  • 1st rehearsals for Time Stands Still (YAY)!
  • Fun times at friends' houses (including introducing our Irish friends to beer pong, playing True American, going to parties, devouring whole pizzas together, and watching movies on laptops.) 
  • Going out (Guinness Amplify was going on in Galway this weekend, so that's cool.)
  • Excursion to Dublin (It's a fair city--See my Adventure is Out There tab for more.)

And I think that about covers it! For further, deeper, conversations about life and all things in it: well that's not what this blog is really about so....I would recommend skyping or facebooking me! 


Moving on, here is the video primarily of our weekend in Dublin (with a few of our fun times in between as well) set to the song "Rocky Road to Dublin" (hence the title of this post) by The High Kings (I can't help it, they are my favorite.) 

*Sidenote: For those of you that know me and know that I do not usually drink--I do appear drinking multiple times in this video. Ireland is a drinking culture, you are legal at 18, and I have learned and adapted to drink on occasion. I still have never had more than one full drink of my own, or been anywhere close to drunk. I just wanted to throw this disclaimer in, so you know and don't start questioning me about it. Drinking is in fact a great way to relax and enjoy yourself, especially if you drink responsibly and within reason. Fact of the day, kids!*

I hope you all enjoy and keep sharing, commenting, liking, etc, because it just fuels my motivation to keep doing this!




As always, thanks a million!

Slainte,
Meghan 








No comments:

Post a Comment