Friday, September 26, 2014

(Insert creative title here)!


Hello, people (and others)!



Yes, Frodo, I know this post is a little (very) late. My reasoning is that videos take a while and I am 1: Very busy, and 2: Fairly Lazy.

But have no fear, I am back, and with another video for y'all!

I want to pause for a moment, though, and (for those that are interested) talk about what I've been up to!

Essentially I've been going to class (good thing to do since technically this is a STUDY abroad program) and going out (not too much, mind you) and doing additional fun things as well (too vague?)

Well, on Tuesday we had an ISA traditional Irish music/ dance night at Monroe's--great craic.

We went on our first ISA excursion to the lovely Connemara on Saturday (See the "Adventure is Out There" tab for more on that.)

Then Sunday was the Gaelic Football Final between Kerry and Donegal! It was a very exciting, very close match--great fun to watch--but Kerry won out in the end! Congrats to them!

I also went to Salthill on Monday with Nina where we proceeded to jump off the Blackrock Diving Tower (the top diving board/ the one we chose to go on is about 25 feet above the water) and where I proceeded to obtain bruises/welts all over my back and arm because I landed wrong the second time (ha--go me! That's why you--or I--never need to try and show-boat, kids.)

In other news: I got a part in a play being put on by NUI Galway's Dramsoc, which is fantastically exciting! I also went to an improv workshop on Wednesday, and took my first climbing lesson Tuesday. I'm meeting so many great people, and pretty much all of them have been so friendly and lovely, I already can't imagine leaving.

Not to get too dramatic or sentimental, but this experience thus far has, essentially, been what I always hoped college would be like. Suddenly my last two years (at a college I do love, by the way) seem very far away, and I am constantly just so grateful to be here now.

Anyway, it's been a great and packed week, and the proof is in the video below! I put the clips to a cover of the Avicii song "Wake Me Up" that is performed in Irish Gaelic (Gaeilge) by a group called Lurgan. Their stuff is great, so check out the original music video, subscribe, whatever, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A6__HssHW8

Thanks again for checking out the blog, everyone! While you're here, do explore the other tabs as I have a lot of fun writing them as well!

Thanks a million!





GrĂ¡ i bhfad (Much Love),
Meghan








No comments:

Post a Comment